Monday, October 6, 2008

Remembering a Sister

I just thought I would jot down a few words about Allison, some that you might not have known.
Allison was a great sister! She was always there for me, to love me, to have fun with me, to correct me even when i didn't ask for it, to inspire me, to tease me, to be everything that a sister is suppose to be.
I miss her, her laugh, her smile, her phone calls, her cards for no reason, her tattoos (my first one was one we all got together as sisters), her singing, even her teasing, I miss it all. She was a great friend who loved to show you her love for you. She really knew how to throw a party, always over the top, that was her style. I'm so glad that I had all the time that I did with her. God is so good in that way. None of us have tomorrow guaranteed and i think we take it for granite sometimes, i know i do. If only i could have told her one more time how much i loved her and what a great honor it was to be her baby sister, to take one more picture with her, so many things. She taught me a lot in life. How to be a girl, hair; nails; make-up; all the girly stuff. She taught me how to make peanut butter fudge using the Jet Puff marshmallow cream, mmm yummy. She taught me how to pursue God and to strive to be who He saw me to be. i got to make her an aunt, the greatest thing ever, she really loved my boys. I am sad that she will never know my daughter, she would have loved her. She gave me many horrible hair cuts, remember the steps shaved into the side of your heads, i had that thanks to her and the shortest bangs of my life. We knew how to laugh and cry together, i really liked laughing with her. I have many memories of going to visit Tina at EBC before she moved to Eugene, just us sisters, good times as Tina would say. Then there were the girl weekends away with us and mom, those were great. I wish we would have started those sooner and had more. i have great memories of childhood with her but more than that i have all the memories of our friendship as adults, finally growing up. We encouraged each other in areas where we were weak. We were better because of each other. i know this is just rambling but i miss her and just wanted to take a moment to remember.....Allison a great sister and friend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well said Sara. Well said.