Thursday, May 8, 2008

Baby Girl

So for mother's day my mom got me this cute sign/picture thing to hang up in our daughters room it says, "Such a big miracle in such a little girl" wow, how awesome is that. For those who may not know Andy and i are adopting a girl from Africa, Ethiopia to be exact. It seems like such a long process that it's really hard to give your whole heart although it's hard to not give your whole heart too. I was glad i was side tracked when my mom gave me that gift (it was on the day of Gabriel's b-day party) because when i think about it, that's so true. Every child is such a big miracle and to know that we have a daughter in another country far away is really cool but really hard at the same time. i know she's in God's hands and she needs to be right where she is for the time but it sure is hard. God has told me that our daughter is bringing such life and joy to the nurses and workers of the orphanage she's at and that really gives me a big peace. She is a special little girl who is being used by God even at the very small age she is. You may ask, "do you know who she is yet" and the answer is not at all. We won't actually know until all the paperwork is sent in and they approve us and refer her to us. But it's funny how you can know someone just because you know the Father that made them. She is very dear to my heart and we pray for her often just as if she were already here. So if you think of her, say a prayer of thankfulness for her and the work she is doing in the hearts of the people around her. We are thinking her name will be Stella if you would like to call her by name you surely can. Pray that the paper work would pick up the pace and be finished quickly. And can i just say that i am so happy to be able to buy pink for someone other than me:) i was going to do the room in butterflies in this really cute way but i've been thinking about doing something with stars, that is what her name means, star. If you have any thoughts, let me know. Well that's all for today,
Laugh today!

2 comments:

100 Miles said...

What an awesome promise that the Lord has given you about Stella! What an amazing blessing she will be. We will pray for her and for the paperwork to go quickly.
Tab

Charissa said...

Oh my! I can't wait for Stella to come!!