Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Ethiopia day 1

Hi all, I thought I would take some time and share my thoughts about Ethiopia, actually while we were there I kept a daily journal so I will just copy what I wrote at the time. Sorry no pics yet, they will come eventually.

We arrived late Saturday evening-by the time we got to the guest house it was 11:30 and of course they had dinner ready for us. We didn't get to bed until about 12:30. Sintayeu our lawyer was there to pick us up at the airport, it was great to see a face we already knew. When we got back to the house he gave us the best news of all, we would have breakfast and then the cars would pick us up to see our kids! We were all so excited as we were told we most likely would not get to see them seeing how it was Sunday. So needless to say even though I was totally exhausted I did not sleep much at all that first night. Not to mention we were put in a room with two "twin" size beds. I say "twin" because my feet hung off about a foot. The flights there were not bad. We almost didn't make it on our second flight. We were not booked all the way through and did not know to check in a head of time. At the very last minute they squeezed us on the plane. Needless to say our luggage did not make it on. It should be joining us late tomorrow evening.

No comments: